Just like our regular Key Clip, but secured with a Chicago screw instead of a snap, to allow for interchageability of not only the clasp, but the leather itself. Sold in bundles of 3 leather choices.
Simple and effective key clip with your choice of clasp and leather. Short length hangs your keys right at back pocket height.
Entirely handcrafted in-house from start to finish.
- Solid flat cast nickel plated D-ring
- Choice of spring gate ring clasp, swivel head spring gate clasp, or both. The design on these clasps ensure that neither are prone to accidentally coming unclipped.
- Nickel plated Chicago screw for interchanging of clasps as well as the leather itself.
- Choose from our pre-bundled options, or choose "custom" to pick 3 of your own choice. Any leather used for any products in our product range can be used, even ones not shown or listed here. Be sure to include your choices as a note upon checkout.
- Constructed from domestically produced leathers
- Bench-made in USA
PLEASE NOTE: While the Chicago screw used to hold the Key Clip together provides a secure and strong hold, by nature of being a screw, it is certainly liable to loosen over time. It is advisable to check every-so-often to make sure it is holding tight.
Developed and produced exclusively by world renowned tannery Horween (Chicago), richly touted as a beautiful, well-aging leather, with an incredibly soft and buttery hand. From Horween: "Chromexcel is the original pull-up leather; using time honored techniques and formulas that were developed nearly 100 years ago. Chromexcel is still produced in the United States using a bark retannage from a proprietary recipe, and then genuine hot stuffed with our secret blend of natural oils and greases. Chromexcel is characterized by a rich pull-up in full aniline, hand rubbed finishes. Made to this day with old world craftsmanship, modern Chromexcel carries on a long history of superior comfort and durability."
Vegetable Tanned Leather (Veg Tan, Bark Tan) - Refers to leather that has been tanned using tannin and other ingredients found in tree bark and other vegetable matter. This method of tanning has been in existence for thousands of years. Left un-dyed (natural), this leather will age in color dramatically, specific to it's owner's use. This makes for a very personal product that will evolve along with you. Natural veg tan leather darkens with exposure to sun, natural oils (animal oils applied to condition, oil from your hands, etc), and water.
English bridle leather is a vegetable tanned leather that has been drum dyed and hot stuffed with waxes and tallows. This creates a rugged yet beautiful leather with water resistant qualities. English bridle has a smooth and slightly waxy hand that breaks in beautifully and grows more supple with use. Truly a leather that only gets better with age.